24 December 2008

New Year's Resolutions



The 63rd Carnival of Genealogy asks us for our New Year Resolutions for 2009.


At the top of my list is to complete my portfolio and send it to the Board for Certification of Genealogists. Becoming a board certified genealogist is top priority for me in 2009.
Next on my list is to find Pauline's whereabouts from 1875 to 1905 and to come to some conclusion the reason she used the name Helen Hunt.
More member participation is another goal I have for the San Joaquin Genealogical Society here in Stockton, California. I am the editor for the society's newsletter and I hope to use this position to meet this goal.
Membership to the DAR for Mummy Dahling. I am already a member (registrar for my local chapter) through my father's side of the family.
I turn 50 in 2009 and need to complete my list of things to do before I turn 60. A few items I do have already include:
1. Learn how to Belly Dance.
2. Ride camels with Brenda Dougall Merriman.
3. I have been a passenger on a motorcycle, now I want to drive one.
4. Take Elizabeth Shown Mills' class at Samford and pass with flying colors.
What are your goals for 2009?

2 comments:

  1. You're on, Sheri! I'll let you know when to get your visa. And many thanks to the genius who enlisted me in the resolutions carnival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you've inspired me to write mine, too. They are here ==> http://caroleriley.id.au/

    Hmmm, I see that the url doesn't turn into an address, and it's too late at night for me to make it work. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete