29 May 2009

Sheri Goes To Jamboree


Three days after I fly home from Samford, I will have just enough time to pack another bag or two and make my way down south to Beautiful Downtown Burbank. Well the Mariott Hotel at the Burbank Airport anyway.
The Southern California Genealogical Society's 40th Jamboree will be June 26-28, 2009. This will be my maiden voyage to Jamboree and I am thrilled to finally be able to attend.

This will almost be like a homecoming for me. I was born in Burbank at St. Joseph's Hospital. I am told that St. Joe's is still standing in the exact same spot as it was 50 years ago. Think maybe I'll stop in and see if they remember me!

My partner-in-crime and general shenanigans, Thomas MacEntee of Destination: Austin Family and the driving force behind Geneabloggers, has some simply mahvalous activities planned especially for Geneabloggers and anyone who wants to know more about this groovy group of people.

I heard somewhere that the Pussycat Dolls were holding tryouts somewhere in Los Angeles that same weekend. What with all my experience dancing in the frozen food aisles of grocery stores, I might give it a shot. What??? It could happen!

2 comments:

  1. Well you know I don't do those sort of shows any more - I'm an artiste after all.

    Has Paula Hinkel warned the Burbank authorities that both of us will be in the same location over the course of a few days?

    I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the tryouts. Those girls can be real catty. I crack myself up.
    Maybe some day their descendants will write about them being a Pussycat Doll and people will ask "a what?".
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete